Swiss made watches are more than just timepieces. They are works of art, symbols of status, and investments for the future. If you are looking for a watch that can offer you quality, style, and value, you should consider Swiss made watches. Here are seven reasons why:
1. Swiss made watches have a long and rich history of excellence
Swiss made watches have been around for centuries, and they have a reputation for being the best in the world. The Swiss watch industry started in the 16th century, when the Protestant Reformation banned the wearing of jewelry, and many jewelers turned to making watches instead. Since then, Swiss watchmakers have been innovating and perfecting their craft, creating some of the most iconic and influential watches in history, such as the Rolex Oyster, the Omega Speedmaster, and the Patek Philippe Calatrava. Swiss made watches are not only products of tradition, but also of innovation.
You Might Also Like: 4 Exciting Types of Watches
Rolex is one of the most famous and prestigious Swiss watch brands, known for its innovation, quality, and durability. Rolex watches are often worn by celebrities, athletes, and leaders, and have a high resale value. Some of the iconic Rolex models are the Submariner, the Daytona, and the Datejust
Omega is another renowned Swiss watch brand, with a history of excellence and innovation. Omega watches have been involved in many historic events, such as the first moon landing, the Olympic Games, and the James Bond movies. Some of the popular Omega models are the Speedmaster, the Seamaster, and the Constellation.
Patek Philippe is a Swiss watch brand that represents the pinnacle of luxury and craftsmanship. Patek Philippe watches are highly sought-after by collectors and connoisseurs, and are known for their complexity, elegance, and rarity. Some of the legendary Patek Philippe models are the Nautilus, the Calatrava, and the Grand Complications
Breitling is a Swiss watch brand that specializes in chronographs and aviation watches. Breitling watches are designed to meet the needs of professional pilots, divers, and adventurers, and are known for their accuracy, performance, and style. Some of the famous Breitling models are the Navitimer, the Chronomat, and the Superocean
TAG Heuer is a Swiss watch brand that combines sportiness, innovation, and elegance. TAG Heuer watches are inspired by the world of motorsport, and are known for their precision, durability, and design. Some of the iconic TAG Heuer models are the Carrera, the Monaco, and the Formula.
You Might Also Like: Top 5 Seiko Watches for Men!
2. Swiss made watches have high standards of quality and craftsmanship
Swiss made watches are not easy to make. They have to meet strict criteria and regulations to earn the label of “Swiss made”. According to the Swiss Federal Council, a watch can only be called Swiss made if:
- Its movement is Swiss
- Its movement is cased up in Switzerland
- The manufacturer carries out the final inspection in Switzerland
A Swiss movement is one that has been assembled, adjusted, and inspected in Switzerland, and at least 60% of its value comes from Swiss components. This ensures that Swiss made watches have high levels of accuracy, reliability, and durability. Swiss made watches are also known for their exquisite craftsmanship and attention to detail. Every part of a Swiss made watch, from the case to the dial to the hands, is carefully designed and crafted to create a harmonious and elegant whole.
You Might Also Like: Wood Watches for Men: Embracing the Elegance
3. Swiss made watches have a variety of styles and functions to suit any taste and occasion
Swiss made watches are not all the same. They come in different shapes, sizes, colors, and materials, and they have different features and functions to cater to different needs and preferences. Whether you are looking for a sporty, casual, formal, or classic watch, you can find a Swiss made watch that matches your style and personality. Some of the features and functions that Swiss made watches can offer are:
- Chronograph: A stopwatch function that can measure elapsed time
- Moon phase: A display that shows the current phase of the moon
- Perpetual calendar: A calendar that automatically adjusts for the length of the month and leap years
- Tourbillon: A device that counteracts the effects of gravity on the accuracy of the watch
- GMT: A function that shows the time in another time zone
- Power reserve: An indicator that shows how much energy is left in the watch
4. Swiss made watches are a symbol of luxury and status
Swiss made watches are not cheap, but they are worth the price tag. They offer superior performance, design, and functionality compared to other watches. They also have a strong reputation and recognition in the global market, which can enhance the wearer’s image and confidence. Swiss made watches are often associated with success, wealth, and sophistication, and they can make a great impression on others. Some of the most famous and influential people in the world wear Swiss made watches, such as Barack Obama, James Bond, and Beyoncé.
5. Swiss made watches can appreciate in value over time
Swiss made watches are not only a purchase, but also an investment. Unlike other watches that can lose their value over time, Swiss made watches can retain or even increase their value, depending on the brand, model, condition, and rarity. Some Swiss made watches can fetch high prices in the secondary market or at auctions, especially if they have a history, a story, or a celebrity connection. For example, the Rolex Daytona that belonged to Paul Newman sold for $17.8 million in 2017, making it the most expensive wristwatch ever sold at auction. Swiss made watches can also be passed down as heirlooms, creating a legacy for generations to come.
6. Swiss made watches can be a good alternative to stocks or cryptocurrencies
If you are looking for a way to diversify your portfolio, Swiss made watches can be a good option. Investing in Swiss made watches can offer some advantages over other types of investments, such as:
- Low volatility: Swiss made watches are less affected by market fluctuations and economic crises than stocks or cryptocurrencies, which can be very volatile and unpredictable.
- High liquidity: Swiss made watches are easy to sell and buy, as there is a high demand and a large network of dealers and collectors around the world.
- Tax benefits: Swiss made watches are not subject to capital gains tax or VAT, unlike some other assets, which can reduce the cost of ownership and increase the profit margin.
- Enjoyment: Swiss made watches are not only a financial asset, but also a personal asset. You can wear and enjoy your Swiss made watches, while also watching them grow in value.
7. Swiss made watches are a reflection of your personality and taste
Swiss made watches are more than just functional devices. They are also expressions of your individuality and style. Choosing a Swiss made watch is a personal decision, based on your preferences, needs, and values. Your Swiss made watch can tell a lot about who you are, what you like, and what you stand for. It can also be a way to connect with other people who share your passion and appreciation for Swiss made watches.
How to store your Swiss made watches properly
Now that you know why you should consider Swiss made watches, you might be wondering how to store them properly. After all, Swiss made watches are valuable and delicate, and they deserve to be treated with care and respect. Here are some tips on how to store your Swiss made watches properly:
- Keep them away from extreme temperatures, humidity, dust, and sunlight, which can damage the watch’s mechanism, appearance, and performance.
- Avoid exposing them to strong magnetic fields, such as those from speakers, computers, or microwaves, which can affect the watch’s accuracy and function.
- Clean them regularly with a soft cloth, and avoid using any chemicals or solvents, which can harm the watch’s material and finish.
- Service them periodically by a professional watchmaker, who can check, adjust, and repair the watch’s movement, and replace any worn or damaged parts.
- Wind them manually or use a watch winder, which can keep the watch’s movement running and lubricated, and prevent the watch from losing time or stopping.
- Store them in a safe and secure place, such as a watch box, a watch safe, or a watch winder, which can protect the watch from scratches, shocks, theft, and fire.
If you are looking for a high-quality and stylish watch box, watch safe, or watch winder, you should check out Enigwatch, a company that specializes in creating and selling premium products for watch enthusiasts. Enigwatch offers a range of products that can suit any budget, preference, and need, such as:
The Virtuoso Series 12 Watch Winder, a product that can store, display, and wind up to 12 Swiss made watches. It is designed to protect and maintain the watches in optimal condition, while also showcasing their beauty and elegance. It has many features, such as: